Join us at the Tuscany Suites on August 4th & 5th, 2015 for our 7th annual iteration of
Security BSides Las Vegas
The Call for Volunteers is OPEN!
We have a winner in the #BSidesLVSlogan contest! Conga Rats to @shunkydave for this year’s slogan: “CVE-2015-BSLV”
The #BSidesLVLogo contest is OPEN!
The Call for Safety & Security is OPEN!
The Call for Presenters is OPEN!
The Proving Ground Call for Presenters is OPEN!
BSides Las Vegas isn’t another “talk at you” conference. Everyone at BSides is a Participant.
Track after track, year after year, the security researchers, engineers, analysts and managers that present at BSidesLV are looking to engage our participants and be engaged by them. They want your feedback, insights, opinions and questions on the latest InfoSec topics and discussions of the Next Big Thing.
Our speakers don’t talk at you, they converse with you.
Come join the conversation!
Dates of note:
- Call for Safety & Security is OPEN!
- Call for Mentors is FULL!
- Proving Grounds CFP is OPEN!
- Call for Volunteers is OPEN!
- Round One CFP is OPEN!
- Donor Campaign opens April 1st
- Round One CFP closes April 15th
- Proving Grounds CFP Closes April 15th
- Proving Ground final acceptance letters go out May 1st
- Round One CFP acceptance letters go out May 4th
- Round Two CFP Opens May 25th
- Round Two CFP Closes June 8th
- Donor Campaign closes June 15th
- Passwords 15 Crypto Track
- I am the Cavalry workshops and discussions
- 1-day Career Fair: Mock Interviews, Resume Clinic, Career Therapy, Recruiter Bingo
- Joes vs Pros CTF
- Squirrels in a Barrel SECTF World Championships
- Lock Pick Village
- Speaker, Sponsor, Donor Thank You Reception
- Wednesday night pool party
BSidesLV is a non-profit organization designed to advance the body of Information Security knowledge, by providing an annual, two day, open forum for discussion and debate for security engineers and their affiliates. We produce a conference that is a source of education, collaboration, and continued conversation for information technologists and those associated with this field. The technical and academic presentations at BSidesLV are given in the spirit of peer review and advanced knowledge dissemination. This allows the field of Information Security to grow in breadth and depth, and continue in its pursuit of highly advanced scientifically based knowledge.
**CODE OF CONDUCT**
We have NO TOLERANCE for physical/verbal/sexual harassment of any human! Our “Code of Conduct” is “Be Excellent to Each Other” AKA the Golden Rule. Failing that, it is “Do not be an Ass,* or we will kick your ass out!” Asking questions of a speaker during their talk, to get clarity or debate a point is NOT being an ass – heckling or haranguing the speaker IS. If you are not sure, ask, or err on the side of basic decency and common courtesy. If what they are doing would not be acceptable to have done to you, your best friend, your worst enemy, your sister, niece, daughter, brother, nephew, son, mother, father, or any human being, do not let them treat anyone else that way – whether you know them or not. If you are having an issue with a BSidesLV participant of ANY badge type, find a radioed member of our Safety & Security Team in the red BSidesLV t-shirts (or any staff member). They will call our Harassment Response Team, who will take an official incident report and determine next steps.
*Staff reserves the right to determine what constitutes “Being an Ass”.
Visit the BSidesLV archives